ou love vacationing and you love your dog – but when it comes to combining the two? You might have yourself a recipe for disaster. As a pet parent, you may have found that planning pet friendly Washington State vacations with dogs isn’t easy. Between finding a pet-friendly hotel to planning an itinerary that includes your furry friend, we understand the frustration.
But, the good news is that Washington is practically an outdoor playground! Washington is home to stunning scenery, beautiful weather, and some of the best outdoorsy activities in the nation. Because of this, there are plenty of pet-friendly activities to choose from. Not to mention, many hotels are pet-friendly as well! Keep reading to find some of the best pet-friendly activities and accommodations in the State of Washington.
Places to Stay
From historic hotels to lakeside cabins, you are bound to find the perfect place to crash. Even your dog will approve! Here are the top 5 memorable (and Fido-friendly) hotels:
- Soap Lake Resort: Located right on the shores of the world-renowned healing lake, Soap Lake, you will find Soap Lake Resort. Here, you can treat yourself to an authentic cabin retreat with a beautiful view of the lake! During the daytime, you will love relaxing in the naturally mineralized lake and enjoying a rejuvenating mud mask. Your dog, on the other hand, will also enjoy the healing mud, but in a slightly messier fashion.
- Sorrento Hotel: For those visiting Seattle, Sorrento Hotel is a vintage, boutique hotel located in the heart of the city. Here, you can experience the history of Seattle and be within walking distance to Seattle’s greatest attractions! Plus, they extend their welcome to pets as well.
- Boreas Bed and Breakfast Inn: If sunbathing, seashell hunting, and playing fetch on the beach sounds like your kind of vacation, head on over to Boreas Bed and Breakfast Inn. This romantic retreat in Long Beach, Washington offers luxurious, dog-friendly accommodations, fine breakfast dining, and ocean access.
- The Historic Davenport Hotel: The Historic Davenport Hotel is located in Downtown Spokane and is the best way to experience affordable luxury, city life, and nature all in one location. For dog-friendly activities, you can walk a few blocks to Riverfront Park, drive 5 minutes to the famous Manito Park, or take a short drive outside the city to visit a variety of lakes and hiking trails.
- Camping is always an option! If luxury hotels aren’t of interest, you can always go camping. Most National Parks and campgrounds allow pets! Simply call ahead to check the rules of the specific area.
Not only are there countless pet-friendly hotels in Washington, there are also a large number of activities as well! If you would like to treat yourself and your furry best friend to something new, consider taking a pet-friendly tour for an exciting new experience.
- Fremont Sunday Ice Cream Cruise: Well-behaved, leashed dogs are welcome on the Seattle Ferry Tour of Lake Union. View Seattle from the water while enjoying some quality time with your dog AND your ice cream. The ride is fairly smooth and not too stressful for pets.
- Scenic Flights – Explore Seattle from the air in a seaplane with Kenmore Air pet-friendly sightseeing flights. Enjoy an exciting water take off and gentle landing on Lake Union.
- River Tubing or Paddle Boarding – If your dog loves water, try out a river adventure! Leavenworth Outdoor Centre offers tubing tours and paddle board rentals for everyone – including dogs. Now, the whole family can enjoy exploring the river!
We understand that dogs are part of the family. The last thing they want to do is be left at home and miss out on all the fun! On your next vacation, why not bring your furry best friend? With a whole range of pet-friendly accommodations and fun activities to choose from, finding pet friendly Washington State vacations with dogs doesn’t have to be as difficult as it may sound.
Are you and your pup ready to enjoy a relaxing weekend at Soap Lake Resort? Call (509) 246-0462 or reserve a room here. See you soon!